Question

Now that things are more or less finalized in terms of how our site looks and such, I feel I should reach out to the community once more and see if there's much of a need to implement a light variant of our site. While it'd have a minor cost associated to implement if there is a desire for it because someone feels that they don't get enough sun we'd be happy to get that on the todo list.

7 answers to this question

I feel that if we do have a light theme (which would be nice to provide the users with options), it would be pretty neat to have the light theme be consistent and compatible for even users of the current dark theme so that we don't have issues with things like text color options and user content being unviewable in one theme.  Personally to me, I feel a lighter theme and even a middle-ground theme (a mix of grays with white and black) could serve as neat options to people who would like a lighter theme because lighter colors to me seem to encourage having a more positive state of mind and gives a warmer and more welcoming vibe to new members and to a community.

Personally, I prefer the darker theme for my screen. However, I can see how others would want to have a lighter for, like you said, "people who don't get enough sun". The idea is good, but I'll stay mutual with it and let others depict it. 

Edited by Miss Sassy Kat

It's always nice for users to have a choice, though I myself prefer the dark theme due to having a color/light sensitivity. Maybe neutral greys rather than whites, though?

*HISS* the light! it burns us!

no but seriously it does look nice. i wouldn't mind having a lighter theme to switch to every now and again.

That one looks nice

I think the site does need a light theme, I personally won't use it as I use dark themes whenever available but others would, so I see it as a useful thing to have.