Rune

Rune's Photography

23 minutes ago, Calmcacil Bloodfang said:

That sounds about right yeah. granted, there are a limited few who actually like taking portrait photos and such, but for me it was always nature that caught my eye.

I also HAAATTTEEE using flash. If i cannot capture something with it's original natural lighting, i wont take a photo of it. Flash just makes everything look and feel too synthetic to me

1 hour ago, Rune said:

I also HAAATTTEEE using flash. If i cannot capture something with it's original natural lighting, i wont take a photo of it. Flash just makes everything look and feel too synthetic to me

to be fair alot of that is down to using the right equipment and such, the flash on top of cameras are worthless for natural pictures.

18 minutes ago, Calmcacil Bloodfang said:

to be fair alot of that is down to using the right equipment and such, the flash on top of cameras are worthless for natural pictures.

If i absolutely have to use a flash, i have a camera-mounted diffuser that helps a ton, but i try not to need it. So far i havent really needed to use a flash. I do need to get better with my night shots though because they all look so grainy and gross

*awkwardly standing around in the background* 

But yeah, the whole thing with night shots can be extremely annoying; I have a friend who does photography as a hobby, and they refuse to take night shots unless there's good moonlighting or the moment is right. 

• Like 1

Remember, long exposure, stable camera/tripod. Does wonders. Remote trigger is kind of a must too, ensure that you dont shake the camera when you start the picture. Depending on your lens and your camera i guess you might also wanna use manual focus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Calmcacil Bloodfang said:

Remember, long exposure, stable camera/tripod. Does wonders. Remote trigger is kind of a must too, ensure that you dont shake the camera when you start the picture. Depending on your lens and your camera i guess you might also wanna use manual focus.

I use a tripod and a remote and still it turns out really grainy like this 

Cominco

Its entirely possible that its my settings too, that specific photo was shot with these settings and i havent really played with night photography enough

Shutter Speed: 1/8 second

Aperture: F/7.1

Focal Length: 19 mm

ISO Speed: 12800

Yeah! High ISO = More Grain, Longer Shutter = Lets more light in. Ofcourse Long Shutter means you get those "trail" effects on moving scenes, but that can be really cool too.

Quick example of long shutter effects is the waves getting all wonky in these kind of shots. Los-urros-sunset-burst.jpg

After that pic, i was told to try an iso of around 400, but never got back around to it, maybe i will try this next trip!

Sadly my camera i dont think allows me to set a shutter speed?? Its a nikon D3200 so its pretty basic

Edited by Rune

Lol i lied i totally know how to change the shutter speed, i just forgot because i havent used the camera in like.....well since december probably. But i got this shot using 2200 ISO and 1/10 shutter

Waterfall

October 2017, a fall hike~

we also saw a cat-face orbweaver in the grass!

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

Stuff like these pictures is how I know I could live in Canada, it's so close to Norway's flora. Though my biggest problem would probably be missing the fresh ocean air. Lovely photos as always.

29 minutes ago, Calmcacil Bloodfang said:

Stuff like these pictures is how I know I could live in Canada, it's so close to Norway's flora. Though my biggest problem would probably be missing the fresh ocean air. Lovely photos as always.

what's neat is on that very hike we found a beach- on top of a mountain! More evidence to BC's geological past being under water for a time~ Same area I also managed to find a fossilized tree!