Rune

How Were You Introduced?

just as the title says, when and how were you introduced to the fandom?

For me it was some time back in my freshman year of high school, so around 2007. My friend at the time was drawing these neat little fox characters, so I thought I would learn too! And then she introduced me to a roleplaying platform called Furcadia, and from there ws my furry evolution, though I didn't fully call myself a fur until 2009/2010. I made my fursona and did a mashup of languages to get her name and went with that, and she was the edgiest thing for the longest time lmao. If I can find it, i'll post up the evolution of my first fursona here.

It must have been over 12 years ago that I joined another online forum that was mostly a furry community. I used to be super into joining new things and looking at what weird things people were into. Personally, I didn't consider myself a furry at the time, and I didn't even have a fursona, but rather just an OC that essentially was a kemonomimi. 

However spending time with these guys/girls I was introduced to the fandom and its art, and I think it was the cool artwork and the nice people. I ended up as a fellow admin back there and it was where I first meet @Tailson. Due to some unfortunate events that went down there over time, TFD was born as a project. Its been through a few iterations since and Its pretty much grown with me as I've grown older.

• Like 1

Oh boy, I was tangentially responsible for your fall into the deep end? I can't express my sympathy with words.

For me, we must go way back to when I was in comprehensive school, perhaps 15 years ago. It was a dark and stormy eve, I had found the accursed artifact programme: RPG Maker XP. I joined a few communities to share resources and ideas, and ended up patron on a smaller site with a more closely-knit community. Now, even before all of this, I was quite shamefully involved with the Sonic Recolour Sprite Comics Scene™, but had no idea what a furry was. It was on this new forum that someone told me about it.

I of course thought they were talking absolute bollocks. What a weirdo.

But it lit a fire in me! Oh yes, the flames of curiosity burn bright, fellow readers! So I googled furry. Of course, the biggest thing there was "FURCADIA".

Spent a few years on there, moved to SL, spent a few years there, moved to FP, spent more than a few years there. I used to go to meets and such but..

Now, I'm not exactly the most socially adept person. Not by a long shot. But even my comparative social ineptitude was dwarfed by the people who frequented meets in my area. So I don't go to those any more.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

59 minutes ago, Tailson said:

Oh boy, I was tangentially responsible for your fall into the deep end? I can't express my sympathy with words.

For me, we must go way back to when I was in comprehensive school, perhaps 15 years ago. It was a dark and stormy eve, I had found the accursed artifact programme: RPG Maker XP. I joined a few communities to share resources and ideas, and ended up patron on a smaller site with a more closely-knit community. Now, even before all of this, I was quite shamefully involved with the Sonic Recolour Sprite Comics Scene™, but had no idea what a furry was. It was on this new forum that someone told me about it.

I of course thought they were talking absolute bollocks. What a weirdo.

But it lit a fire in me! Oh yes, the flames of curiosity burn bright, fellow readers! So I googled furry. Of course, the biggest thing there was "FURCADIA".

Spent a few years on there, moved to SL, spent a few years there, moved to FP, spent more than a few years there. I used to go to meets and such but..

Now, I'm not exactly the most socially adept person. Not by a long shot. But even my comparative social ineptitude was dwarfed by the people who frequented meets in my area. So I don't go to those any more.

Oh man, SL, never forget that shared "house". I'd love to have that sense of community again...

Man, I need to get back into SL again. Had some good times on there. Just way too busy as of late to bother.

I kinda miss Furcadia too lol. I still have a character on there, since I bought a port space back in the day, but MAN it was neat back then

I'll go if there are hookers.

Anyway, my origin story: 

I was first introduced to furries about nine years ago when I was about ten. Being so young, I didn't exactly understand why those humans had fur and tails. 

After sitting in a community (can't remember the name) for about eight months, I actually decided to consider myself a fur. I had just turned eleven, and I loved the idea around them. Although, I'm no die-hard fan; I never got a suit or went to cons, but I never cared if someone does. Let them be them. 

If you know my sappy story, then you know I was in quite a predicament with myself and I'm still battling it today. I can thank the community for always supporting me through my darkest times. 

Edited by Miss Sassy Kat

On 3/23/2018 at 6:11 PM, Calmcacil Bloodfang said:

Oh man, SL, never forget that shared "house". I'd love to have that sense of community again...

We had a nice little commune going. :D

6 hours ago, Tailson said:

We had a nice little commune going. :D

I must say, it was the best of times. SL was always an odd one to me, I tried it again recently and it runs just as shit as it did 12 years ago! Consistent as always.

On 3/25/2018 at 10:35 AM, Calmcacil Bloodfang said:

I must say, it was the best of times. SL was always an odd one to me, I tried it again recently and it runs just as shit as it did 12 years ago! Consistent as always.

They made new skeleton rigs though so that things like tails and whatnot flow more naturally...thats about the only change i've seen lol